STA Octopus 3
This test should be taken in shallow water, candidates may use buoyancy aids only where stated. Learners must pass all sections to be awarded the badge.
1. Answer 2 water safety questions
2. Perform a star float on the front or back and hold for 3 seconds.
3. Perform dolphin leg kick on the front or back for 2 metres.
4. Scull head first using a woggle.
5. Attempt breaststroke.
6. Swim forwards for 2 metres, then roll and swim on the back for 2 metres and then into astanding position (regaining feet).
These will be performed in the main pool (shallow end)
1. Enter the water with a step or jump entry, turn around and swim back to poolside.
2. Push and glide into either front crawl or breaststroke for 5 metres.
3. Push and glide into back crawl and swim for 5 metres.
4. Tread water for 10 seconds.