STA Goldfish 3
Learners should be competent in shallow water and may move to chest deep depth. The swimming teacher should be on poolside, learners may use buoyancy aids only where stated.
1. Answer 2 water safety questions
2. Perform 2 different types of entries and tread water for 15 seconds each time.
3. Swim 15 metres of back crawl.
4. Swim 15 metres of a recognised front stroke, either front crawl or breaststroke.
5. Swim 10 metres, holding a float under each arm, using lifesaving backstroke leg kick.
6. Swim 5 metres, dolphin leg kick on front.
7. Swim 5 metres, dolphin leg kick on back.
8. Perform a handstand with both hands on the pool floor.
9. Perform a float on the back and hold for 5 seconds, roll on to the front, hold for 5 seconds, roll to the original.
back float position and hold for 5 seconds.
10. Submerge, push and glide on the side, roll to a face down position.