STA Goldfish 2
Learners should be competent in shallow water and may move to chest deep depth. The swimming teacher should be on poolside, learners may use buoyancy aids only where stated.
1. Answer 2 water safety questions
2. Perform a back float, tuck to a front float and return to a standing position.
3. Scull head first for 5 metres, and feet first for 3 metres.
4. Push and glide on the back, tuck, rotate to the front and return to the starting point.
5. Swim 10 metres of a recognised front stroke, either front crawl or breaststroke. (Learners first choice)
6. Swim 10 metres of back crawl.
7. Swim 5 metres of a recognised front stroke. (Learners second choice)
8. Push and glide to the bottom of the pool, tuck, place feet on the bottom and spring up.
9. Perform a mushroom float and hold for 3 seconds, extend to a front float and
return to a standing position.
10. Enter the water, swim 5 metres on the front, swim to poolside and exit safely.