STA Shark 3
1. Throw a rope more than 5 metres.
2. Enter the water with a straddle entry, swim 25 metres of a recognised stroke in a T-shirt and shorts, tread water or support scull for 1 minute, tread water for 1 minute waving one arm, surface dive, swim 5 metres. underwater, surface and remove clothing. If in shallow water, substitute straddle jump for step- in or slide-in entry.
3. Swim 100 metres of a recognised stroke on the front, with correct start, turns, and finish. (Learners first choice)
4. Swim 50 metres of a recognised front stroke with correct start, turns and finish. (Learners second choice)
5. Swim 100 metres of back crawl with correct start, turns and finish.
6. Swim 25 metres of a fourth recognised stroke, not undertaken in the other tests.
7. Swim 4 x 1 length of individual medley, incorporating the transition procedure at the end of each stroke
8. Perform a competitive start for two separate strokes using two different stances that is legal for the depthof water available.
9. Swim 50 metres of side stroke or old English backstroke.
10. Perform a head-first surface dive and pick up a sinkable toy from the bottom of the pool, minimum depth of 1.5 metres.